Easy Vegan Mac & Cheese
This Vegan Mac and Cheese is so easy to make! Loaded with broccoli and made with a plant-powered homemade creamy sauce. A perfect dairy-free recipe that the whole family can enjoy on a regular basis or add to your holiday dinner table.
- 1 box Whole Wheat or Gluten-free Pasta use any pasta of choice
- 2 Large Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 3 Medium Carrots
- 2 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- ¼ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Freshly-Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ Tsp Paprika
- ⅛ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ Tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ Tsp Ground Pepper
- Wash and scrub the potatoes and carrots thoroughly under cold running water to remove any dirt. Pat the excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Using a potato peeler, peel the potatoes and carrots skin off and cut into large bite-sized chunks.
- Now add chopped potatoes and carrots to a large pot then pour over enough water to cover by 1″ inch. Season with a generous pinch of salt and bring the water to a boil, over medium-high heat.
- Boil for 15 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are easily pierced with a paring knife.
- Meanwhile, use a steamer basket to steam the broccoli for 3-4 minutes, or just until fork-tender.
- Once the veggies are done, remove from the heat and place in a colander to drain, reserving about 1 cup of water from the veggies. Allow the veggies to cool slightly.
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine and whisk garlic, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, paprika, turmeric, and salt until well combined and set aside.
- Next, place the boiled potatoes, carrots, nutritional yeast, and 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid to a blender.
- Pour in the prepared garlic and vinegar mixture and blend until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. If needed, add more liquid to reach your desired consistency.
- Add cooked pasta to a large serving bowl together with steamed broccoli, then pour the sauce on top.
- Mix well until pasta is evenly coated into super the creamy delicious sauce!
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- This recipe can be stored in the fridge for up to 5-7 days. Place in an airtight container. You can also store the leftover sauce in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- For freezing, place your leftover mac and cheese in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.
6 servings: Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 246mg | Potassium: 625mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5366IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 5mg
Make it a Pizza with Clo-Clo’s Vegan Pizza Crust
Our pizza crust is completely vegan friendly and is perfect for a build your own pizza at home. Try this Easy Vegan Mac & Cheese recipe with Clo-Clo’s Vegan Pizza Crusts and let us know what you think! Find a SPROUTS store near you to purchase.