Vegan Sweet & Sour Cauliflower
This sweet and sour cauliflower on a bed of rice is a simple vegan and gluten-free recipe with amazingly delicious Asian flavors.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
- 1 small head Cauliflower Florets
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1½ tbsp Corn Starch
- ½ cup Vegetable Broth
- ¼ cup Dark Soy Sauce / Tamari Sauce
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar (Maple syrup if you want it sugar-free)
- 2 tsp Chili Flakes
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 5-6 cloves Chopped Garlic
- 3 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- Prepare the sweet and sour sauce by mixing vegetable broth, soya sauce or tamari sauce, rice vinegar, maple syrup, Tahini, chili flakes, and chopped garlic.
- Wash and cut cauliflower into 1 ½ to 2-inch size florets.
- In a pan add cauliflower oil and a splash of water. Stir and cover, let it cook on slow to medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once cauliflower gets soften add half of the sauce and stir.
- Let it simmer for further 3 to 4 minutes or until the sauce is well absorbed. Make sure the heat is medium to low. Do not burn the sauce.
- Add corn flour into the remaining sauce and mix.
- Now add the remaining sauce into cauliflower and cook until thickened.
- Serve hot on rice and garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds.
- Use Tamari sauce instead of soya sauce to make this recipe gluten-free.
- Cook your rice before and serve the cauliflower hot right after cooking. They taste delicious when served freshly cooked.
Looking For More Vegan Recipes?
Clo-Clo Vegan Foods has a full collection of vegan recipes in our blog, all ready for you to try right at home. If you’re not looking to make a meal, why not grab a Clo-Clo Vegan Frozen Pizza for a quick and easy meal that the entire family will love. Available at a SPROUTS store near you or online at Amazon.com.
Source: Get Set Vegan