Cauliflower Hot Wings (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
These vegan cauliflower hot wings with vegan aioli are the perfect comfort food! They’re so tangy, spicy, and incredibly comforting. And they’re also a lot healthier than chicken wings! They’re always a real crowd-pleaser!
If you haven’t tried cauliflower wings yet, you should really give them a try! It’s incredible what you can make with cauliflower. It’s such a versatile vegetable!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
Total Time: 1 hr
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour (or Chickpea Flour for a gluten-free version)
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond or Soy Milk
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Paprika Powder
- Black Pepper
- 3/4 cup Panko Breadcrumbs (omit for a gluten-free version)
- 1 cup Spicy BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha Sauce (optional)
- 2 Green Onions, cut into rings
- Heat the oven to 350 °F.
- Carefully cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, the plant-based milk, the water, the garlic power, the paprika powder, the salt, and the black pepper. Stir until well combined. For a gluten-free version substitute the all-purpose flour with chickpea flour (also omit the water if using chickpea flour).
- Dip the florets into the batter, so they’re completely coated.
- Roll them in the panko breadcrumbs. Omit this step for a gluten-free version. However, they’re way crispier with the panko breadcrumb coating.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the cauliflower florets on the baking sheet. Don’t put them on top of each other. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 °F.
- Transfer the cooked cauliflower wings to a bowl. Combine the BBQ sauce with a teaspoon sriracha sauce and pour it over the baked cauliflower wings. Evenly coat them from all sides by stirring them a few times.
- Put the coated hot wings back on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake again for 20 minutes at 350 °F.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle with the green onions and serve with vegan aioli or vegan ranch sauce. Enjoy!
Looking For More Vegan Recipes?
Clo-Clo Vegan Foods has a full collection of vegan recipes in our blog, all ready for you to try right at home. If you’re not looking to make a meal, why not grab a Clo-Clo Vegan Frozen Pizza for a quick and easy meal that the entire family will love. Available at a SPROUTS store near you or online at Amazon.com.
Source: Vegan Heaven