Vegan Sticky Sesame Chickpea
Easy, flavorful, and packed with plant protein, these sesame chickpeas are made into a vegan chickpea recipe the whole family will love. They’re ready in just 15 minutes, making them perfect for adding to your weekly meal preps.
Prep Time: 5 Mins
Cook Time: 10 Mins
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 3-4 large cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger or 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 4 tbsp low sodium vegetable broth water (divided)
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and set aside.
- Mince the garlic and add to a sauté pan with the avocado or olive oil. I suggest using a garlic press so it’s very finely minced and you don’t end up with any large pieces in the sauce.
- Sauté for a few minutes or until the garlic is very fragrant.
- In a small bowl combine the arrowroot powder and 2 tbsp of the vegetable broth and mix until no clumps remain. Set aside.
- To the sauté pan with the garlic, add in the low sodium soy sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup, rice vinegar, ginger, and the additional 2 tbsp of vegetable broth. Whisk together.
- Add in the arrowroot mixture and stir.
- When bubbles start to form, add in the chickpeas and stir until they are well coated.
- Cook on low heat until the sauce becomes thick and sticky, about 5 minutes. stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and let sit to allow the chickpeas to absorb all of the flavors.
- Serve with steamed broccoli, quinoa, or rice and enjoy!
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 11.5g | Fat: 9.6g | Fiber: 10.5g | Sugar: 9g
Looking for More Vegan Recipes?
Clo-Clo Vegan Foods has a full collection of vegan recipes in our blog, all ready for you to try right at home. If you’re not looking to make a meal, why not grab a Clo-Clo Vegan Frozen Pizza for a quick and easy meal that the entire family will love. Available at a SPROUTS store near you.
Source: Eat with Clarity